5 things I've learned this week
Good morning, good lookin! Some things in life are just unjust, right? Life's not fair, and no one feels the brunt of that inequality like Thursday. Sure, we have #tbt and we affectionately refer to her as "Friday junior," but she always gets overlooked in favor of her younger, boozier sister, Friday.
I'm going to start a regular blog feature that honors our fifth day of the week. I would also like to catalogue all of the useless knowledge I acquire in any given week.
And, so, I give you the 5 things I've learned this week:
1. Lil Wayne wrote a diary while he was in prison in 2011, and he published it in his original handwriting! I discovered it on Sunday after falling into a Wikipedia hole and then proceeded to read it in 2 days. It's filled with fascinating commentary about prison, and it's deeply personal. I learned a ton, including but not limited to his fear of mice, and the adorable use of 'damn!' and 'yeah!' that pepper his writing. I also learned that the number of references I could make to said journal in one day topped out at 7, which I (and my colleagues) learned on Tuesday.
2. Veep has successfully predicted the future. I'm watching the series for the second time, and I found something interesting in season 1. There was a senator (played by the same actor who played Buddy Garrity in FNL) who wanted to 'build a wall on the southern border of Mexico,' and his reasoning was that they're spreading their 'beans and drugs' into 'our' country. Sound familiar? This was 2011 - a solid 4 years before Trump announced his presidency. Those Veep writers are a bunch of sorcerers!
3. Miley Cyrus is coming into herself as an artist, which used to be 9 words I never thought I'd say. Listen to this song, and tell me you don't believe the same. She's the real deal, y'all. I'm a Miley apologist now, apparently. I learned that this week.
4. Lebanese red wine tastes like white. I'm making a point to diversify my wine drinking (since I work in wine and need the street cred) and I'm telling you - their red wines are acidic like white. They're not unpleasant, but it's a bizarre and unexpected sensation.
5. My recurring ocean dreams apparently mean that I've reached a state of 'cosmic consciousness,' AKA full knowledge. I've had like 4 recurring dreams in my life, and they all involve the ocean. I've decided to finally bust this case open and find out why this salty temptress is a mainstay in my subconscious, and apparently, it's because I know everything in the universe. This was news to me this week, but I must own this dream interpretation.
So there you are! 5 things to honor day 5. Happy Thursday to all!